Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I haven't had more than 3 hours of uninterrupted sleep in over 20 years. I'd like to find other insomniacs.?

What is a "normal" night of sleep? I have no idea! I've tried relaxation techniques, deep breathing, visualization, sleeping pills, weed, alcohol (even when I've had way too much), staying up for 48+ hours, heavy sex, acupuncture, blah, blah, blah...but nothing works. My average night is going to bed at 10, finally fall asleep at midnight, wake up at 1:30, move around, take another hour to fall back to sleep, wake up between 3 and 3:30, get up, maybe pee, finally get back to sleep around 5 and then have to get up at 6:30 to start the day. Up until the age of 25 or so, I could sleep for 8-12 hours if I wanted to. But I now can't remember what it's like to have a "good nights sleep". I know all of the proscribed sleep recommendations -- only use the bed for sleeping; no TV in the bedroom; go to bed the same time every night, etc. But again, it's not working. I have been TIRED for over 20 years! I would welcome suggestions but would really like to find others who have the same "issue". It is THE most frustrating thing in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment