Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Unsafe Changing Lanes Who is at Fault?

I was driving down a three lane road I was in the center lane I was looking to cross over to the right lane so I accelerated and signaled to the right that i was going to change lanes and I made sure I gave an adequate amount of room for myself between the car behind me I checked. Then I changed lanes and the other party accelerated and crashed into my car. I had damage from the right rear passenger to the front of the right door (dent). They had a minor dent to the left side of the front bumper. Unfortunately right after the accident i was flustered and did not know what to do I only had my license for several months so then I proceeded to say sorry and when the cops came by i told them that i signaled to the right and it was my fault. I told their insurance the same thing i signaled before attempting to change lanes. I have not talked to my insurance yet but they will call me soon I plan to state what i said to the cops and the other party's insurance. I plan to fight this I say that i was not at fault. O By the way here is my state law in regard to this. **A vehicle shall be driven as nearly as practicable entirely within a single lane and may not be moved from that lane or moved from a shoulder or bikeway into a lane until the driver has determined that it is safe to do so.**

No comments:

Post a Comment